TSD is seeking Contract Graphic Designers on a project-based level (typical project durations are three to six months). This position provides website graphic production services for client performance improvement training programs.
The ideal candidates are persons who thrive on the challenge of meeting the different needs of learners and clients, and are strong team players, specifically demonstrating an eagerness to support colleagues in need of immediate assistance and guidance. TSD is a fast-paced, ever changing environment where your high standards and hard work are appreciated and rewarded.
- The primary role of this position is to produce high-quality graphic materials for print and web.
- Interpret the client's business needs by gathering relevant information and researching the background on the project.
- Determine the most effective way of getting a message across in print or electronic media using a variety of methods such as color, font, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas. Prepare interface designs, layouts or look and feels to illustrate the vision for the design.
- Select the size and arrangement of the different elements on the page or screen based on the design description. Create graphs and charts from data for use in publications, and consult with copywriters on any text that may accompany the visual part of the design.
- Present rough sketches, in-progress or completed designs to the design teamfor approval and make necessary changes or modifications according to recommendations.
- Select and purchase stock photo images for insertion into media.
- Modify or transform photos using Adobe PhotoShop.
- Multi-task to be able to work on multiple projects at a time as needed.
- Produce accurate and high quality work.
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs.
- Work well within a team with project managers, instructional designers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, and programmers.
- Work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Consult, develop and maintain a consistency of design for all materials developed for each client.
- Recommend and implement appropriate production methods according to the needs of the client.
- Pay close attention to various communications such as written material and information given verbally to co-workers.
- Manage constant deadline pressures, while at the same time maintain thoroughness and accuracy.
- 3-5 years of successful graphic production experience producing high-quality graphic materials for print and web.
- 3-5 years of successful graphic interface design experience producing high-quality graphic materials for web
- Completion of formal program in graphic design is required. Either a BA or AA degree from a college, university or design school is preferred. Ideal course of study should include: studio art, principles of design, computerized design, commercial graphics production, printing techniques, and Web site design.
- Excellent communication skills, team approach, and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to focus on the “big picture” and pay attention to the details.
- Proactive skills and experience working independently, quickly, and efficiently.
- Open, flexible approach and superior problem-solving abilities.
- Strong skills in MS Office including Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash are mandatory. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite 3 is preferred.
- Familiarity with website production, instructional design, multimedia training, copyediting, and graphic arts a plus.
- Contractors need to have their own PC and software, as our courses do not run in a Mac environment.
- Flexible and comfortable in a small, fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates both print and web experience is required.