TSD is seeking Project Managers (PM’s) in two separate capacities: 1) Contract Project Manager on a project-based level (typical project durations are three to six months), and 2) Full-Time Project Manager, this is a salaried position. Both positions provide project management services for client performance improvement training programs.
The ideal candidates are persons who thrive on the challenge of meeting the different needs of learners and clients, and are strong team players, specifically demonstrating an eagerness to support colleagues in need of immediate assistance and guidance. TSD is a fast-paced, ever changing environment where your high standards and hard work are appreciated and rewarded.
- Analyze client’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business and organizational environment to facilitate the design of TSD customized learning solutions for clients.
- Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Manage and facilitate client communication, attend client meetings and participate in discussions with the client.
- Review SoW and confirm deliverables, scope of product, risk, contingencies, project milestones, media and client expectations. Facilitate effective information sharing among team members.
- Assess risks with the team and identify any major risks to cost, schedule, or scope of the upgrade.
- Coordinate and assign actions to team members, resources and third-party contractors including, but not limited to, Production Assistant, Graphic Designer, Programmer, QA Testers, Audio and Photo Talent, Proofreader, Transcriber, etc.
- Collaborate with the Production Assistant to arrange for audio recording and photo shoot sessions (create audio recording script, identify talent, schedule the recording/shoot).
- Facilitate effective flow/distribution of documents between team members.
- Track project schedule, raise progress issues (technical or schedule) with functional managers to resolve, and report on status to TSD management.
- Maintain open communication with client providing timely and informative reports on project status.
- Ensure that the agreed-upon technical reviews are held on schedule, with QA participation and review of issues.
- Assist with review of WBT prior to client review, facilitate client review of WBT, document client feedback, and distribute results to team.
- Wrap up project by documenting resource and vendor list, collect all media source materials, and provide all wrap-up materials to TSD management.
- Conduct successful close of project, and facilitate lessons learned dialogue involving full cross-functional representation.
- 3-5 years of successful project management experience leading small teams in development of e-Learning, training programs, websites, and/or software products in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated abilities to multi-task.
- Ability to focus on the “big picture” and pay attention to the details.
- Proactive skills and ability to work independently, quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of Organizational Development/Organizational Learning practices in large organizations preferred.
- Highly-developed creative and business writing skills.
- Open, flexible approach and superior problem-solving abilities.
- High business and financial acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (undergraduate or graduate concentration in Psychology, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or Instructional Performance Technology, or Human Factors would be ideal).
- Strong skills in MS Office including Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with website production, instructional design, multimedia training, copyediting, and graphic arts a plus.
- Contractors need to have their own Windows based PC and software. Our WBT courses do not run in a Mac environment..
- Flexible and comfortable in a small, fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.