Senior Instructional Designer
TSD is seeking a Senior Instructional Designer to provide services in two specific areas: 1) work as a team with the TSD Senior Account Executive to provide pre-sales support, conduct needs analysis, and design solutions to address client’s business needs, and 2) provide senior-level instructional design services for client performance improvement training programs.
The ideal candidate is a person who thrives on the challenge of meeting the different needs of learners/clients, and is a strong team player, demonstrating an eagerness to support colleagues in need of immediate assistance/guidance. TSD is a fast-paced, ever changing environment where your high standards and hard work are appreciated and rewarded.
Team with the TSD Senior Account Executive to:
- Analyze client’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business and organizational environment to facilitate the design of TSD customized learning solutions for clients.
- Lead the planning and writing of all sales proposals/statements of work.
- Produce concise high-level PowerPoint sales presentations that clearly outline the goals and objectives of TSD training solution and the reasons as to why TSD is the best training solutions provider.
- Consult with client executives and other decision makers in partnership with TSD Senior Account Executive to meet with the client to “pitch” the TSD solution. Cohesively and successfully present PowerPoint presentations to clients in unison with the TSD Senior Account Executive.
- As part of the engagement team working with a client, perform research, data analysis, use project management and key instructional design skills to oversee the design, development and implementation of TSD learning initiatives.
Provide Senior-level Instructional Design Services:
- Take the lead in identification of intended learning outcomes by applying learning theories, instructional design strategies, and learning style approaches that are appropriate to support course objectives.
- Write pedagogically sound curriculum and course content. Oversee the planning, preparation and design work of less senior ID’s.
- Design the user's navigation path(s) within the training experience.
- Develop scripts & screens/print materials in TSD approved template format to include content and theme, defining all media elements (graphics, animations, video, and/or audio) and explaining functionality.
- Review scripts & screens/print materials with client.
- Perform Quality Reviews of materials with ID as needed. Provide feedback and direction on revisions to ID as needed.
- Consult with ID on recommending best practices in creating PRF list of revisions for courses and materials, and maintain streamlined processes for making corrections.
- Streamline the development and design process resulting in an efficient and effective workflow process and high quality training programs.
- Regularly partner with ID’s to insure that the ID team continues to maintain high quality standards.
- Recommend process improvements and identify automated solutions to TSD.
- Proven success providing consulting services as an outside resource/consultant.
- Experience selling and packaging services as an outside resource strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design/adult learning principles with deep expertise in the e-learning field.
- Knowledge of Organizational Development/Organizational Learning practices in
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Experience in consulting with the ability to present to senior level executives. Demonstrated polished facilitation and presentation skills.
- Highly-developed creative and business writing skills.
- Open, flexible approach and superior problem-solving abilities.
- High business and financial acumen.
- Experience helping companies build organizational and human performance capabilities, allowing companies to maximize their success and achieve business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (undergraduate or graduate concentration in Psychology, Instructional Design, or Human Factors would be ideal); Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Performance Technology, Business or Organizational Development related field required.
- Comfortable in a small, fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.